Begin as you mean to go on
Going Beyond “I Want a Website for My Business” with Kronda Adair
This is how you end up getting a site that looks amazing and then when you bring it to someone like me, who's focused on marketing or who's focused on SEO. We'll look under the hood and say, yeah, this is a hot pile of trash. We can't use this, right, because it's not built in a way to actually be usable.
Why is it so freaking hard to get a good website for your small business? In this episode, we’ll cover all the bases from why all-in-one tools aren’t necessarily the best, to why hiring a developer that’s skilled at using the latest tools, can be a bad idea for your business.
I’m sharing my insider tips on the podcast that will help you avoid expense mistakes when it comes to getting your website built for your small business. It’s time to move beyond simply saying, “I want a website for my business,” and instead start making CEO decisions to invest in technology that will drive results.
Here’s the harsh reality, most web designers and developers are not marketers. And sadly, more often than not, I hear about entrepreneurs working with designers that give them great looking websites that don't convert because there's no strategy behind them.
I’ve seen these costly mistakes time and time again and want to give you my insights into how you can invest wisely in whole solutions that solve the right problems at the stage of business you are in. It’s not enough to say, “I want a website for my business.” That's how you end up with half-built websites and blowing thousands of dollars on costly mistakes by working with the wrong service providers. This episode gets to the core of what the podcast is all about. It’s time to Begin As You Mean To Go On.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [02:13] My unique perspective on building business websites
- [04:58] The three different client archetypes
- [07:58] Understand the different types of service providers, designers and developers
- [08:25] Most designers and developers are not marketers
- [10:03] Someone needs to know the strategy
- [11:54] What is an underhaul, and why you need one
- [12:35] Are you a client that knows just enough to be dangerous?
- [14:29] Creating a good budget for the website you want to make
- [16:18] It’s not enough to say, “I want a website for my business,” focus on the outcome and invest for the future of your business
- [21:45] Marketing Mastery Course & Working Websites Blueprint Course overviews
- [23:21] Understanding the tradeoffs when you don’t invest in solutions
- [26:08] The evolution of many web developers into marketers and strategists
- [27:48] Are you dealing with WordPress PTSD?
- [30:42] Focus on your foundations to create a website that delivers better outcomes
- [33:47] Why you might need to go make more money in your business first
- Marketing Mastery Course
- Does your website need an underhaul?
- My lesson on creating simple landing pages with WordPress and Thrive Architect
- Working Websites Blueprint Course
- The 10-Minute Guide to Profitable Content
- My chat with Renia Carsillo about Inclusive Marketing Automation on the Small Stage Big Impact podcast
- My chat with Jaime Slutzky about Picking Tools that Stand the Test of Time on Tech of Business
- Content Bootcamp
- Why use WordPress over other platforms
- Try Codeable if you really just need a developer
- Try Convertbox for creating a Marketing Layer over your current website.
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital