Begin as you mean to go on
Protect Your Peace by Setting Better Boundaries with Kronda Adair
CEO, karvel digital
You have to have a community. Just like in making money or exercise or anything else, the easiest hack for getting better at this is to hangout with people who have good boundaries, who model good boundary setting, and who have your back and will remind you like, “Hey Sis, I think your boundaries are slipping.
This is a topic that has been burning inside me for several weeks now. As a service-based business owner, it is vital that you learn to set and actively maintain your boundaries in order to avoid professional burnout.
In this episode, you’ll hear my thoughts on why you need clear boundaries and if you’re struggling with “giving too much,” or you find clients are constantly asking for more and more free labor, I’ve got some great tips for you.
We cover strategies for dealing with “energy vampires,” and how to stop wasting time with people that want to “pick your brain,” to name a few. It’s time to intentionally protect your energy and learn to leverage your content as a tool to establish and maintain your boundaries.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [02:05] Why is setting and maintaining boundaries so important for service-based business owners and especially for black women and women of color
- [02:29] Understanding the value of having boundary-setting role models early on in life
- [03:31] The problem with "Can I pick your brain?" and coffee chats
- [04:11] What to do when clients don’t use your defined channels for support
- [04:53] Learning to maintain boundaries even when it means saying "no" to sales
- [06:00] The expectation of free labor placed on black women and women of color
- [07:01] Learn to deal with “energy vampires”
- [10:38] The importance of getting comfortable with confrontation
- [11:11] How to start setting better boundaries
- [13:18] Your squad will help you to hold your boundaries
- [14:18] Ways to leverage content to set boundaries
- [16:51] The impact getting your knowledge out of your head can have on your business
- [18:09] Share your thoughts in the Service CEO's Facebook Group
- [19:39] About Content Bootcamp
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital