Begin as you mean to go on
The Awkward Teen Phase of Growing Your Business with Kronda Adair
It's completely normal to grow, break your business, stop, fix the business, and then you can stabilize and you can grow from that place of stability.
All growing businesses eventually hit the awkward teen phase. For service providers it often happens when you make the mindset shift from solopreneur to deciding you’re ready to hire a team.
Growing your business can be tough both operationally and psychologically when you’re in the teen years. In this episode, I share with you the things I’ve learned that have helped me step into this phase with confidence. We’ll talk about how to identify if you are in this phase, what you can do to continue growing your business, and how you can navigate the inevitable road bumps that pop up.
Don’t hate your company’s awkward teen phase. Embrace it. Growing your business takes time and space but you can’t simply alway focus on growth. The key is to find stability in your business so that you don’t burnout.
Here’s a hint, you'll probably need a team and will definitely need systems. Those aren’t the most exciting things to talk about when it comes to growing your business but you’ll love the freedom and results they bring to your business.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [02:18] Making the mindset shift from solopreneur to build a business with a team
- [03:07] How trying to run business by yourself is like running a restaurant alone
- [04:13] The key signs your business is in its teen years
- [05:41] Reflections on my growth spurt
- [06:08] How to navigating quick growth with systems
- [07:56] A simple process for creating your systems
- [09:59] Why you may not enjoy creating SOPs but you’ll love the results they deliver
- [11:32] The importance of learning how to delegate
- [12:50] When is it better to do something yourself and when do you outsource?
- [13:29] An example of outsourcing the bad way
- [15:57] What successfully outsource your social media looks like
- [17:03] Create a culture of continuous improvement to create freedom in your business
- [18:22] Avoid the train to burnout when growing your business
- [19:50] Let's continue the discussion over in the Service CEOs Facebook Group
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital