Begin as you mean to go on
Building a Sustainable Wellness Business with Adrianna Locke
Especially as entrepreneurs, we internalize the idea that we can use our bodies like commodities. That they're not these beautiful, intrinsically valuable things that we get to inhabit. I think self-care is a doorway into this incredibly personal revolution that can happen where we no longer treat our bodies like burdens, but as miracles.
Today, I speak with friend, client and all around amazing human, Adrianna Locke about taking her business online.
Adrianna Locke is an acupuncturist and entrepreneur based in Portland, OR. Her work is centered around helping individuals and communities find ease, wholeness and empowerment through natural medicine. She believes in reclaiming ancient practices to build a better world. Through her business Zócalo Wellness, she offers self-care kits, online courses, and wellness coaching.
In this episode, you’ll hear Adriana’s transformational journey from being a one-on-one practitioner, to building a scalable business without burning out in the process. She takes us steps-by-step through her path exploring new online business models and shares her insights into self-care and building a sustainable business.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [04:01] Beginning to work together
- [07:27] “Twitter friends are real friends.”
- [10:21] Struggling with burnout and looking for a solution
- [11:45] Hearing about a colleague's success, sparks a desire for change
- [14:36] A classic “friends don’t let friends” moment
- [16:07] Getting a website overhaul in a day
- [17:33] Taking action and creating leverage with a new online program
- [21:50] Leveling up with the help of Insourced
- [24:26] After years of sitting on an idea, it’s time to launch Massage in a Box
- [27:32] How to take swift action on your best ideas, get your business foundation in place first
- [29:54] A closer look at Massage in a Box
- [32:50] Inspiring a community of wellness professionals
- [34:00] A unique perspective on wellness, “self-care is revolutionary”
- [40:11] Why mainstream ideas of self-care are all wrong
- [43:14] Foundational practice leads to a sustainable future
- [46:33] About Content Bootcamp
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital