Begin as you mean to go on
The Power of Documentation with Kronda Adair
CEO, KARVEL DIGITAL
The reason that I wanted to share this with you is because when you talk to business owners about SOPs and about documentation and about processes and about systems, a lot of times their eyes glaze over. And that's because they don't understand that when things like this happen, when sh*t hits the fan and you are basically cut off from your business, those are the things that are going to save you.
What happens to your business when you head out on a quick weekend getaway to take your fancy dog to a dog show and an epic snow and ice storm hits?
Find out on this week’s episode as I share with you my experience running a business completely cut off from the entire team. I’ll let you in on a little secret, documentation and a well trained, empowered team makes all the difference in the world.
Today’s episode could have been a sad tale filled with chaos and miscommunication but instead you’ll hear how my team was able to handle all the core business functions without me. Sure, we had to make a few pivots here and there, but overall we made it through with minimal impact to our clients and the business.
I hope this episode serves as a bit of warning, but more so inspiration to create documentation in your business. If you’re ever stuck and completely cut off from your team like I was, you’ll be grateful you took the time to create your SOPs. That same documentation will also give you the freedom to intentionally step away from your business whenever you want simply because you want to take a break. Now that’s gold. Let’s get into it.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [01:09] A weekend getaway, dog show, and epic snow and ice storm in pacific northwest
- [03:39] When the beeping starts… it can only mean one thing, no power!
- [05:29] The satisfaction of having complete confidence in your team
- [05:49] Our “Share the Love Challenge” will have to wait a week
- [06:14] Pushing back promotion of epic episode 14 on how to pick your tech stack
- [06:57] It takes a team and documentation to keep your business rolling
- [08:20] A peak a my mobile studio
- [08:43] The real value of SOPs
- [09:19] Your first step can be hiring a virtual assistant
- [09:35] The value of spending a week doing a time study
- [10:45] It doesn’t take meticulous documentation to get started
- [12:01] Come talk systems and automation with us in the Service CEOs Group
- [14:11] About Mini Bootcamp
- Mini Bootcamp is back! You can check out all the details at karveldigital.com/mini
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital