Begin as you mean to go on
Choosing Your Tech Stack with Kronda Adair
CEO, karvel digital
We're building businesses here, people. If you're building a business and you're expecting people to pay you for the value that you provide, then you should be willing to pay other companies for the value that they provide. That's just how we roll here at Karvel Digital.
I'm so excited for this episode because we go deep into choosing your tech stack. If you don't know what that means, listen in because I explain it all in this episode.
First, a shout out and a thank you to Maggie Bergen for suggesting this topic.
Maggie wrote in and said, “Every service-based business working online will need a set of digital tools. Smaller businesses need X, larger ones might need Y, your recommendations probably fall into a couple of categories based on the businesses size or products. And since our zone of genius is providing the service, and we have no idea how to set up a smooth digital backend, a primer explaining the categories of digital tools we should be aware of and how they might work together, would be fantastic.”
I thought that was an amazing suggestion, so here we are. Alright, y'all settle in because this is going to be epic. You're probably going to want to take some notes and listen through multiple times.
We start with the basics, what’s a tech stack and why do you need one? I then go into key considerations for choosing a tech stack and I’ll share with you what technology tools we actually use at Karvel Digital. We wrap things up with a discussion around choosing tools based on the stage of business you’re in.
If you've been feeling overwhelmed with technology lately, this episode is for you. I take you through everything step-by-step and give you plenty of resources along the way. Let’s dive in.
What You'll Learn in This Episode
- [02:42] Why do you need a tech stack?
- [04:47] What is a tech stack?
- [05:37] The problem with “all-in-one” solutions
- [07:50] The categories of tech you’ll need
- [08:51] The key considerations when choosing technology for your tech stack
- [11:06] The importance of integrations
- [11:43] Keep in mind customer service when evaluation tech
- [12:06] Consider how proactive a company is with developing their tool
- [13:16] Are your values aligned with the companies you're doing business with?
- [14:06] The Karvel Digital Tech Stack
- [15:21] Website Management
- [16:11] Membership Sites
- [18:31] Password Management
- [19:58] Domain Registration
- [21:49] Web Hosting
- [24:54] Business Email
- [27:31] WordPress Themes
- [32:01] Lead Generation
- [34:39] Automation and CRMs
- [36:06] Data Management
- [37:55] Sales Carts
- [39:13] Project Management
- [41:47] Tool Integration
- [42:47] Tech stacks at different stages of business
- [42:52] Baby business tech stack
- [45:00] Toddler business tech stack
- [46:40] Teen business tech stack
- [47:23] Adult business tech stack
- [52:21] About Content Bootcamp
- Get the Tools We Use to Create Websites that Grow Businesses
- Join the VIP Podcast Group
- Episode 7: Going Beyond 'I Want a Website for My Business' (Get over your WordPress PTSD)
- Why you should use WordPress for your business website
- Why I Don't Use GoDaddy and You Shouldn't Either
- Start Your Membership Site on a Budget with MemberVault
- Ready for your landing page? Build a Simple High Ticket Funnel with Thrive Architect
- The Problem With Divi
- Personalize Your Email Marketing with Active Campaign
- Password Management: 1 Password
Connect with Us:
- On Instagram | @karveldigital
- Join our Service CEOs Facebook group!
Subscribe & Review the 'Begin as you Mean to Go On' Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the 'Begin As You Mean To Go On' podcast!
If our weekly episodes have helped you on your journey to build a successful business, please head over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE to the show. We'd also love it if you would leave us a 5-star rating and review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more mission-driven entrepreneurs just like you!
Let's Work Together
Let's make six figures your new minimum.
There’s a lot of hard work between where you are now and where you want to be. I want to give you the map that will take you around the potholes and speed up your results.
Stay Connected On Instagram
- Follow Karvel Digital and the Podcast | @KarvelDigital